While most of us are familiar with the basic dashboard symbols in our vehicles, we may not be as familiar with the international truck dashboard symbols. These can vary depending on the country of origin, and it's important to know what they mean when you're driving a foreign truck.
In this blog post, we'll look at some of the most common international truck dashboard symbols and their meanings. Whether driving in Europe, Asia, or elsewhere, this guide will help you understand what's displayed on your dash.
📢Read also: International Truck Warn Engine Light
List of International Truck Dashboard Symbols
There are a few different international truck dashboard symbols and meanings. The most common ones are:
- ABS Warning Lights: This stands for anti-lock brake system. If this light is illuminated, it means that there is an issue with the truck's brakes.
- Brake Warning Lights: This warning light indicates that the brake system is malfunctioning.
- Check Engine Warning Lights: This symbol illuminates when there is an issue with the engine. It could be something as simple as a loose gas cap or more serious.
- Coolant Warning Lights: This warning light comes on when the coolant level in the truck is low. Add coolant to the truck if this light comes on as soon as possible.
International Truck Dashboard Symbols and Color Identification
The international truck dashboard symbols and color identification can be found in the owner's manual. These symbols and colors help to identify the various functions of the truck. The following is a list of the different characters and colors:
- Red: Indicates a system that needs immediate attention.
- Yellow: Indicates a system that needs to be monitored.
- Green: Indicates a system that is functioning properly.
- Blue: Indicates an information center.
The red symbol on the truck's dashboard indicates a system that needs immediate attention. The yellow mark suggests that the truck owner should monitor the system. The green sign means that the system is functioning properly. Lastly, the blue symbol denotes an information center.
How to Reset International Truck Dashboard Symbols?
If you're looking at your International truck's dash and wondering what all the different symbols mean, you're not alone. Our team of experts has put together this guide to help you understand the meaning of all those other dashboard symbols.
The first step in resetting your truck's dashboard symbols is identifying which ones must be reset. If any of the characters are illuminated in red or orange, that means there's an issue that needs to be addressed. Once you've identified which characters need to be reset, follow the steps below:
- Locate the symbol on the dash corresponding to the one you need to reset.
- Press and hold the button next to the sign for three seconds.
- The emblem should be reset and no longer be illuminated on the dash.
Repeat these steps for each symbol that needs to be reset on your truck's dashboard. Once all the characters have been reset, your truck's dashboard should look new again!
If you're ever driving an international truck and come across a dashboard symbol you don't recognize, consult this guide. We've compiled a list of the most common signs and their meanings so that you can stay safe on the road. Do you have any other questions about these symbols or their intentions? Let us know in the comments below!
FAQs About International Truck Dashboard Symbols And Meanings
What do the dash symbol lights mean?
Regarding vehicle lights, green or blue indicates a system is turned on and active. On the other hand, orange/yellow lights are warning signs that require service or repair soon. Red lights should be taken seriously as they indicate immediate action needs to be taken.
What does the triangle symbol mean on the international truck?
Triangle indicators can indicate a fault code. Determining the underlying cause of the code often requires visiting an international dealer and having them scan it; however, methods allow for uncovering codes without extra equipment.
What is the most serious warning light in a car?
When the check engine light illuminates, it can indicate serious engine damage. Ignoring this warning could lead to a blown head gasket or even a seized engine, both of which can be costly and time-consuming repairs. As such, drivers must pay close attention to this warning sign and address any issues immediately to prevent further damage.
What is the engine warning light on a semi-truck?
Freightliner heavy-duty trucks are equipped with a "check engine" light that will illuminate when the engine has detected an issue after completing a self-diagnostics check. In some cases, additional warning lights may be present to provide further detail about the problem. Taking proper action in response to these warnings is essential for ensuring optimum performance and safety of the vehicle.
Was this page helpful?