JLG Boom Lifts are a type of mobile elevating work platform that provides workers access to elevated worksites. They are commonly used in construction and maintenance applications. Boom lifts have several warning lights that indicate the machine’s status. JLG Boom Lift Warning Lights are essential for safe boom lift operation. This blog post will discuss the meaning of each JLG Boom Lift warning light and what you should do if you see one illuminated on your machine.
What do the JLG Boom Lift Warning Lights Mean?
If you’re operating a JLG boom lift, knowing the meaning of the warning lights on the control panel is essential. Here’s a rundown of what each light indicates:
There are three main JLG boom lift warning lights: the red “stop” light, the amber “caution” light, and the green “ready” light. The meaning of each is pretty self-explanatory: the red stop light means stop operating the boom lift immediately; the amber caution light means be careful, there is something wrong with the boom lift, and the green ready light means everything is functioning normally and it is safe to operate the boom lift. However, you should be aware of a few other JLG boom lift warning lights. These include:
- The low battery indicator will flash when the batteries need to be recharged or replaced.
- The engine oil pressure gauge will illuminate if there is an issue with the engine oil pressure.
- The hydraulic fluid level indicator will show if the hydraulic fluid levels are low.
If any of these warning lights come on, it is essential to take note and take appropriate action. Do not continue to use the boom lift if any of these indicators are showing signs of trouble – doing so could result in severe injury or damage.
When to Check the JLG Boom Lift Warning Lights?
If you’re operating a JLG boom lift, you must be aware of the various warning lights that may appear on the control panel. These warning lights can indicate numerous issues, ranging from low battery power to hydraulic fluid leaks. Here’s a quick rundown of the most common warning lights you might see on your JLG boom lift and what they mean:
- Battery Power: This light will come on when the battery runs low. If this happens, you’ll need to recharge the battery or replace it with a new one.
- Hydraulic Fluid Leak: This light will come on if hydraulic fluid leaks from the boom lift. This serious issue needs to be addressed immediately, as it can lead to loss of power and control of the charge.
- Control Panel Error: This light will come on if there’s an error with the control panel. This could be anything from a loose wire to a faulty component. If this happens, you’ll need a qualified technician to have the control panel serviced.
How to Respond to the JLG Boom Lift Warning Lights?
If you see any of the following JLG boom lift warning lights, take immediate action to correct the condition:
- Red Light – A red light indicates a stop condition. Take action to remedy the situation immediately and do not operate the boom lift until the cause of the problem has been corrected.
- Yellow Light – A yellow light indicates a cautionary condition. Take action to remedy the situation as soon as possible and continue to monitor the issue. Do not operate the boom lift if you cannot safely rectify the problem.
- Green Light – A green light indicates that all systems are operational. Continue to monitor all systems and be prepared to take corrective action if any problems arise.
JLG Boom Lifts are a great way to move materials around your work site. But, as with any machinery, there is always the potential for something to go wrong. That’s why it’s important to know what the different warning lights on your JLG Boom Lift mean and what you should do if one of them comes on. Knowing this information could save you time, money, and even lives.
📢Read also: JLG Scissor Lift Warning Light Flashing
FAQs About JLG Boom Lift Warning Lights
What are instrument panel warning lights?
Green or blue lighting indicates that a system is active, while orange/yellow warning lighting implies the necessity of soon servicing or repairing the vehicle. Red and flashing illumination signals immediate action should be taken.
Where is the load sensor on JLG?
This sensor is positioned in the support structure of the platform, situated behind and below the operator controls. Its exact location is indicated in the accompanying images, providing a visual reference point for installation. The load sensor ensures maximum safety by providing real-time feedback on the weight loaded onto the platform at any given time.
What do warning lights mean on trucks?
When a red warning light appears, it requires instant attention. Yellow or orange signals signify an issue that should be addressed without delay. Conversely, a green or blue indication indicates that a particular vehicle feature is activated or operating.
What does the JLG boom lift stand for?
John L. Grove established a legacy of innovation when founding JLG. With his vision, the company has set the tone while raising the bar for competitors and industry standards. Through continued efforts to bring pioneering solutions to customers, JLG constantly strives to reach new levels of excellence in quality and service.